Wednesday, October 12, 2011


Old Brick Wall

The above photograph is one of my first HDR (High Dynamic Range) images.  In 2009 I was unaware of HDR photography when I took this image. I was just trying out some of the features of my Nikon D3 camera. Unfortunately, I only bracketed for three images at +/- 1 EV.  When creating a HDR photograph you should use +/- 2 EV at a minimal. On the Nikon D3 that means you need to bracket at least 5 images to get +/- 2 EV. You should also lockup the mirror, close the view finder, use a tripod and a wired or wireless shutter release trigger. You can also use your camera’s timer instead of a remote shutter release trigger. All of that being said, I still like the way this brick-wall came out in the end. This brick-wall in the French Quarter of New Orleans could be over two-hundred years old. Photography may not have existed when this wall was constructed. Like this brick-wall, HDR photography takes planning to setup the shot for results that last over time.

See Wikipedia for or more information on HDR Imaging.

See my Facebook page for additional Photography and Photographic Art discussions.
 
To view my Photographic Art visit: Windows of Photography

Technical Data: Nikon D3 with a Nikon NIKKOR AF-S 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G lens, Subject Distance: 0.9 meters, Exposure: 1/320s at f/3.5, Focal Length: 24mm, ISO: 200 Filter: UV, Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop CS5, Merged to HDR Pro: +/- 1 EV, Date: 08/04/2009 at 8:29 am
 
Copyright © 2011 Windows of Photography, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment