Monday, February 6, 2012


 
Frozen Grace

I took the above photographs at the Audubon Nature Institute in New Orleans in 2009. The top photograph is what you might classify as a standard photograph. Although I think it’s pretty good and certainly not standard. I used ACDSsee Photo Manager 12 for the post processing of the image. The bottom photograph is the same photograph but I processed it in ACDSee Photo Manager 12 as a HDR (High Dynamic Range) image using three consecutive images with an Exposure Value (EV) of +/- 1.0. HDR processing can produce a more surreal looking photograph but, most of the time I prefer an image that is realistic looking. What I like about HDR photography and its post processing is the ability to produce a more 3-Dimensional image. Even though I captured the above HDR photograph using a hand held technique (tucking my elbows in to my sides), I strongly recommend using a tripod for stability. I also recommend using a remote shutter release trigger. When shooting HDR images it is very important to take your time. Look through your camera’s view finder and envision the final results. Think about where your light source is coming from and how this will affect your final image. But, as always, have fun with your photography.

For more information about HDR Photography and the Audubon Nature Institute see the links below:

To learn more about HDR Photography see the Pixiq and HDR Cream web-sites.

See my Facebook page for additional Photography and Photographic Art discussions.

To view my Photographic Art visit: Windows of Photography

Technical Data: Nikon D3 with a Nikon NIKKOR AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G lens, Subject Distance: 6.31 meters, Exposure: 1/60s at f/5.0, ISO: 200, Focal Length: 180mm, Filter: Ultra Violet, Lighting: Natural Daylight, HDR: Yes, Bottom Image, Post Processing: ACDSee Photo Manger 12, Date: 08/05/2009 at 11:22 am

Copyright © 2012 Windows of Photography, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment