Tuesday, March 20, 2012


Curious Little Meerkat

The above photograph was taken at the Houston Zoo in 2011. I personally love this photograph! I was only 2 meters (about 6 feet) away from this curious little Meerkat when I took this image. Meerkats are typically very skittish but, it appears that they can also be very curious animals at the same time. This Meerkat was not focused on me but, instead it was focused on my rather large 300mm lens. When photographing wild animals in a zoo or in the wild it always pays to make small, slow deliberate movements.

To learn more about Meerkats visit the Wikipedia and Houston Zoo web-sites.

See my Facebook page for additional Photography and Photographic Art discussions.

To view my Photographic Art visit: Windows of Photography

Metadata: Nikon D3 with a Nikon NIKKOR AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G lens, Subject Distance: 2.0 meters, Exposure: 1/125s at f/5.6, ISO: 200, Focal Length: 300mm, Filter: Ultra Violet, Lighting: Natural Daylight, Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop CS5, Date: 11/01/2011 at 1:58 pm

Copyright © 2012 Windows of Photography, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment