Friday, April 13, 2012


Bronze Horse

The above photograph was taken at Hilton’s Waikoloa Village Resort on Hawaii’s Big Island in 2010. Simply put, the Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort is beautiful. The resort is composed of 62 acres of recreational activities, shopping, restraints, ocean front views, extensive plant life and art. Yes, I said art. There are over 1800 works of art on display throughout the resort at an original cost of over seven-million dollars. The Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort could be considered one of the most beautiful art museums in the world. Photography is my chosen creative artistic outlet. But, I appreciate most forms of art. I enjoy photographing sculpture art if it has a suitable background. Photographing sculptured artwork is like photographing a still-life but in an action pose. I find that the bronze horse sculpture above gives a real sense of movement. My attempts to discover the name of the artist of the bronze horse unfortunately has gone unanswered. So, I am unable to give created to the artist at this time. If anyone out there knows of the above sculpture and the artist please e-mail me their name so that I can update this blog entry.

For more information see the: Hilton's Waikoloa Village Resort

See my Facebook page for additional Photography and Photographic Art discussions.

To view my Photographic Art visit: Windows of Photography

Metadata: Nikon D3 with a Nikon NIKKOR AF-S 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G lens, Subject Distance: Infinity, Exposure: 1/80s at f/5.0, ISO: 200, Focal Length: 55mm, Filter: Circular Polarizer, Lighting: Natural Daylight, Post Processing: ACDSee Photo Editor 2008, Date: 07/31/2010 at 8:46 am

Copyright © 2012 Windows of Photography, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment