Thursday, February 14, 2013


Wildlife Encounters
 
During a tour of the Honey Island Swamp in Slidell, Louisiana I photographed this 5-6 ft. alligator in the wild. Many wildlife tours can be a safe and comfortable way to encounter your subjects. Getting a good photograph in the wild is a huge thrill. For me it is like hunting but, the game and I live to encounter each other another day.
 
Even though I do not hunt with a gun, I do encourage responsible land conservation and wildlife management. And, as much as some may not like hunting, responsible culling is necessary to prevent specie overpopulations.
 
To learn more about this swamp tour see the Cajun Encounters Tour Company web-site.
 
See my Facebook page for additional Photography and Photographic Art discussions.
 
To view my Photographic Art visit: Windows of Photography
 
Metadata: Nikon D3 with a Nikon AF-S VR NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G lens, Exposer: 1/100s at f/8.0, IOS: 640, Focal Length: 300mm, Exposure Mode: Manual, Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV, Metering Mode: Matrix, Filter: Ultra Violet, Subject Distance: 6.31 Meters, Lighting: Natural Daylight, Date: 06/30/2012 at 8:14 am, Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop CS5 and Nik Software – Color Efex Pro 4
 
Copyright © 2013 Windows of Photography, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment