Friday, September 23, 2011


Time Changes Everything

Time changes everything, as the above photograph illustrates. This car could be a hundred years old now. When I look at this image I think of how long ago it was when automobiles were built with wooden spokes. My great grandfather may have driven an automobile like this one. Wow, it can mess with your head. If left alone, this car will continue to slowly rust and degrade until it will no-longer be recognizable.
 
Because time changes everything is one of the reasons I love photography. I can stop time for a fraction of a second and capture the moment. I cannot say that my photographic art will stand the test of time. But, I can hope. And, maybe future generations will look at my images and wonder.
 
As a Side note, if anyone knows who the manufacture of the above automobile was, please e-mail me the information so that I can update my data on this image.
 
See my Facebook page for additional Photography and Photographic Art discussions.

To view my Photographic Art visit: Windows of Photography

Technical Data: Nikon D3 with a Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G lens, Exposure: 1/125s at f/5.3, ISO: 200, Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority, Exposure Bias: -1.00 EV, Metering Mode: Pattern, Filter: Circular Polarizer, Subject Distance: 11.9 meters, Lighting: Natural Daylight, Date: 08/05/2009 at 12:08 pm, Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop CS5
 
Copyright © 2011 Windows of Photography, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment