Saturday, December 3, 2011


A Nice Nymphaeaceae (Water Lily)

The above photography is another example of what a Circular Polarizer filter can do for your images. The image of the above Water Lily (Nymphaeaceae) was taken at 11:00 am on a clear sunny day in Waikoloa, Hawaii. The sun's glare coming of the water was very strong and would have created light flairs in the image if I had not been using a Circular Polarizer filter. Besides making the sky in your images an appealing deep blue a Circular Polarizer filter can also reduce are eliminate glare and unwanted reflections in your images. In this case I slowly turned my Circular Polarizer filter until the glare dissipated in my view finder and then I framed the Water Lily for the shot. You should always have a Circular Ploarizer filter in your bag for each of your lens.

For more information about Water Lilies see the Wikipedia link below:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaeaceae

Visit my web-site: “Windows of Photography” to see more of my photographic art.

Technical Data: Nikon D3 with a Nikon NIKKOR AF-S 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G lens, Subject Distance: 1.19 meters, Exposure: 1/200s at f/8.0, Focal Length: 120mm, Filter: Circular Polarizer, Post Processing: ACDSee Photo Editor 2008, Date: 07/28.2010 at 11:00 am

No comments:

Post a Comment