Friday, June 1, 2012


Shades of Gray
(Classic Beauty)

I am very pleased with the way that the above photograph turned-out. I feel that this image is somewhat reminiscent of the Hollywood Starlet photographs of the 30’s and 40’s. I processed this photograph using Nik Software’s, Silver Efex Pro 2.0. For me and I believe for many other views, the lack of color brings out the drama and emotional aspects of this particular image. I find that sometimes as an art form, color can be a distraction and not an enhancement. Somewhat ironically, humans are very much creatures of color but we are also emotional beings. Being human, we are guided by our feeling and we are looking for a connection to the art form and the meaning behind the artist intent, whether we realize it or not.
 
Everything been said, I must give a great deal of the beautiful composition to the model. I only had to work with the model for about a minute to get the shoot.
 

To see examples of Hollywood Starlet Photographs please visit the IMDb web-site.

See my Facebook page for additional Photography and Photographic Art discussions.
 
To view my Photographic Art visit: Windows of Photography

Technical Data: Nikon D3 with a Nikon NIKKOR AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G lens, Subject Distance: 4.47 meters, Exposure: 1/640s at f/10, ISO: 1000, Focal Length: 300mm, Filter: Ultra Violet, Lighting: Natural Daylight, Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop CS5 and Nik Software’s Silver Efex Pro 2, Date: 03/31/2012 at 8:58 am

Copyright © 2012 Windows of Photography, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment