Saturday, June 23, 2012


 
And Now For Something Different

I recently took one of my favorite photographs (top image) and using Photoshop CS5 to convert it into an artistic painterly image (bottom image). Then I had it printed onto canvas to complete the effect. It came out as good as I had hoped.

The following is a brief description of what I did in Photoshop CS5 to convert this image into a painterly image.

  • First I selected Filter from the top menu selection in Photoshop CS5.
  • Then I selected Artistic from the pull-down menu.
  • Lastly I selected Post Edges from the Artistic menu selection.

Note: there are many other painterly and special effect options to choose from within the Artistic menu. Once you make an Artistic effect selection you can then further adjust the selected effect to your desired style. That’s it. Now create something that Michelangelo would envy.

See my Facebook page for additional Photography and Photographic Art discussions.
 

To view my Photographic Art visit: Windows of Photography

Metadata: Nikon D3 with a Nikon NIKKOR AF-S 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G lens, Subject Distance: 11.9 meters, Exposure: 1/600s at f/5.6, ISO: 200, Focal Length: 300mm, Filter: Ultra Violet, Lighting: Natural Daylight, Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop CS5, Date: 08/05/2009 at 11:57 am

Copyright © 2012 Windows of Photography, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment