Tuesday, November 6, 2012


Shades of Gray

The above photograph was taken at the corner of Chartres Street and St. Peter Street in the French Quarter of New Orleans. When I composed this image through the viewfinder I used the top of the building and the tapering distance of St. Peter Street to create a downward slope from top left to right bottom. I knew that the slopping angle and the various building heights would add interest for the viewer. I also did this because there were cars parked on the left-side of St. Peter Street. I found that the automobiles were distracting and would have negatively impacted my desired photograph. For me, my photographic art technic starts before I press the shutter release on my camera.
 
See my Facebook page for additional Photography and Photographic Art discussions.
 
To view my Photographic Art visit: Windows of Photography
 
Technical Data: Nikon D3 with a Nikon NIKKOR AF-S 24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G lens, Exposer: 1/50s at f/6.3, IOS: 100, Focal Length: 90mm, Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority, Exposure Bias: 0.00 EV, Metering Mode: Pattern, Filter: Ultra Violet, Subject Distance: Infinity, Lighting: Natural Daylight, Date: 01/16/2012 at 8:50 am, Post Processing: Adobe Photoshop CS5 & Nik Software - Silver Efex Pro 2
 
Copyright © 2012 Windows of Photography, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment